Detection of illegal drugs on surfaces
DrugWipe F is intended to be used for drug screening by trained professionals (police officers, customs officials, qualified medical personnel, etc.). The test detects the relevant substance traces on surfaces indicating that the test subject has recently consumed or handled controlled substances (forensic application). DrugWipe F is for single use only.
It can detect cannabis, opiates, cocaine and amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA/ecstasy). The measurement procedure delivers a preliminary result (screening procedure).
Verification of the results is required, in particular if these are positive. Gas chromatography combined with mass spectrometry (GC/MS) is the preferred method with a broad substance spectrum.
DrugWipe F is an immunological quick screening test. The sample collector transfers the sample to the test strips, which contain drug-specific antibodies. If the sample collected contains drugs, they will bind to the antibodies. The test begins as soon as the test strips are immersed in water. The water helps the drugs that are bound to the antibodies to migrate to the test line. The red test line is evaluated visually.
Features of the surface test
- Accurate detection based on immunoassay test principle. Specificity and reliability greater than 95%
- Optimized for all technical surfaces and tested for cross-reactions
- User-friendly: Fits in any pocket. Easy sample collection and handling
- Fast results: Clear result within just 3 to 8 minutes max.
- Used worldwide by professionals–several million tests sold